Monday, June 20, 2011

Two-day children camp is over :(

Felt quite empty today after two hectic weeks of preparation.. The segment I led yesterday was pretty well-received. I even teared when I see some of the kids wash their parents' feet! Sigh I'm so easily touched!

During the Q&A session of my segment, I asked a kid how she felt about Father's Day. She replied with an innocent look, "I don't have a father". GOSH I was so stunned that I did not know how to continue. Thankfully my partner managed to salvage the situation. Thinking back at her response, I was so angry with myself that I looked shocked. Although she's only primary two, she must have felt a tinge of sadness after seeing my expression :(

After pondering that for quite a while after the camp, I was really thankful that I have a complete family, with my parents doting on my 2 siblings and me. What more could I ask for? Therefore, once I reached home, I decided to help my dad wash his feet to express my gratitude towards him throughout my life. Since I led the segment, I should do it myself too!

Surprisingly, my sisters joined in after I prepared a pail of water! I washed my dad's right leg, my younger sis washed my dad's left leg, and my elder sis wiped his legs. All of us felt so happy to do that! It's definitely the best Father's Day gift we've ever given to our dad :)

I really admired the spirit of Bliss and Wisdom Society. Everyone definitely changes for the better after joining the society! Well, at least I did haha. I'm really glad that one of my friends is keen on joining. Hope that she'll stay on to receive all these precious teachings and achieve nirvana :D

No comments: