Recently have been meeting up with many people. Some of them have high-paying job, while some don't even hit 2k a month. After talking to them, I began to ask myself "what do I really want to achieve through my job? Does pay really matter to me, or job satisfaction is more important? When I talked to a group of bankers, they don't seem to have the latter. They had to socialise with clients and colleagues almost everyday.
Do I really want that?
When I shared my goal in life with people, there were mixed responses. Those from NOC encouraged me to go for it, while those non-NOC will snigger at the idea. Maybe that's why I prefer talking serious business with my NOC friends as they share the same sentiments as me haha. Well, perhaps my goal in life is hardly achievable now. But I'm sure with a clear mindset of what I want to pursue in future, nothing else will get in my way.
Just as the gist of Green Lantern (quite a lousy movie though) says, if you have the willpower, you can overcome anything, even the sarcasms around you! To those who have great dreams, don't get bogged down by the money factor. Pursue what you really like, and be happy with what you have chosen. If people doubt you, prove them wrong!
JIA YOU, to all who have started working or are currently hunting for job :)
No comments:
Post a Comment