Friday, June 03, 2011

Just when I thought I will be freer during the holidays, I was totally wrong! For the past few weeks I've been busy trying to juggle between FYP and meet-ups with friends. I find it really hard to strike a balance between the two. At times, when I am trying to source data for my fyp, I was really frustrated. There are always stuff that you cannot find online or anywhere else, which forced you to change the direction of your project. The worst is when you managed to find the information, but you need to pay to get the entire article! Too bad, I'm not willing to spend too much on just a school project that does not really interest me. Thankfully, my FYP mentors are kind enough to always offer their assistance in helping us look for information. I must really give them a good treat for their hardwork :)

Moving on, I've just received my examination results last Monday. Had mixed feelings about it, since I've done much better than what I've expected for my HR and technical elective, but did not fare well in the module that I spent the greatest amount of time in - design project. Well, I guess it's a group effort, so I have nothing much to say about it. All I can say is that most of the people in my group have all put in their utmost effort in producing a good report, so we got to blame it on luck for whatever that happened during the presentation. Nevertheless, I must say, design project is the module that I enjoyed most out of all, as it really puts our chem engin knowledge into practice. As compared to the same module offered in another reputable school (which has 10 people working on just a unit), I'm proud to say that our design project (6 people working on 6 individual units) is more challenging, and allows us to learn much more than just from the books. Communication is one thing. Through the module, we have learnt to compromise each other, as what is good for one might not be ideal for others. Thinking back, I am really glad that I've survived the horrendous period, and it will definitely be one of the things I will not forget throughout my university life!

As for the meet-ups, I was really glad to hear that more and more people around me are going in pairs! I guess this age will be the stage where people start thinking about their future halves. I was especially glad that one of my friends (currently 27 yrs old) has found a girlfriend after 7 years of singlehood! He is always one of the people that I cannot understand why he's still not attached, given his above-average qualities. Haha but well, now that he has found one, all of us are really happy for him, and we hope that this one will be his last one! Another one I want to mention is a very very good friend of mine. Despite all the difficulties, she managed to get into relationship! Hope that her dream of "letting the first one be the last one" will come true!

Yay so happy for all of them! :D

No comments: