First of all, SAP certification exam! After 10 days of crazily intensive training sessions, I've finally taken the exam last Friday, and I passed it! And not to mention, I performed the best among my SAP friends, even though the certification is just a pass/fail. I was really glad, for having to understand the concepts within such a short period, and did better than the computing students :)
NOW I'M A CERTIFIED SAP TRAINER! Haha I don't really care about this title, since I have no intention of training other people. I'll just use this certification to apply for jobs in big firms!
Besides this, my younger sis and I were the emcees for Kindness Movement Camp 2 last Saturday. It's organised by Blossom World Society, an organisation that I've been actively involved in for almost a year. We've been slogging really hard for it, from designing the shirt to coming up with games and rehearsing. I was glad that most campers enjoyed it. At the same time, I also got to know more people, and mingled better with the current BWS members!
After being in the society for months, I've really learnt to control my anger, and see the good side of people. Being a perfectionist, things that do not go the right way irritate me. But through BWS and the Buddhist classes, I've learnt that there are many ways to do the same thing, not necessarily people have to follow my so-called right way! It's something like Hess' Law! Being forgiving to others is also a way to make yourself happy. So long as the outcome is alright, why not let others do it in their way, and accept the imperfections along the way! After sorting this thought out, I've certainly become much happier :)
After this camp, we straightaway carried on with the planning for the next event, which will be held this coming Sat and Sun. It's a children's camp where we advocate filial piety through a series of games and stories. I think the more interesting segments are to let the primary school kids try being pregnant mothers by letting them carry watermelons, and to wash their parents' feet to express gratitude. It's a big pity that nowadays, Confucius teaching is becoming non-existent in the modern society. Kids do not bother about filial piety. The society has become a mercenary place where family values are not placed as priority. Hence, I'm really grateful that my Buddhist society is holding such camps to advocate this!
The longer I stay in the society, the more I begin to understand why people like it so much! Everyone is extremely helpful and kind-hearted, and every action that they do has no ulterior motive; they just purely want to help people. I still remembered there's a time where my friends and I walked along the road, when one of them saw a snail crawling in the middle of the pavement, he will pick up the snail and put it back in the grass to make sure no passer-by crushes it! That small action really touched me, and I can finally sense the meaning of 菩提心. I also appreciate it when it comes to any problem, no one will argue over it. Instead, they will resolve any dispute peacefully. Each time when I attend Buddhist classes, I'll feel that the place is truly zen... It's definitely something that I cannot find in other organisations.
I wish I can be like them one day! Shall start by trying to go meatless twice a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment