Work has definitely been a roller coaster ride! More of the happy than the sad part. I was really fortunate to have gotten into this group buying company, where the company has only 5 employees including meeee! As I sit beside the founder of the company, I really learnt a lot from him, especially the sales technique! I must thank all my colleagues for being so eager to teach me new stuff. Each day has so many things to learn, making me constantly put on my thinking cap!
Not forgetting to mention that I learn a lot about the western culture, since I'm surrounded by a good number of Americans. Accompanying them to the hawker centre and teaching them how to order was certainly an interesting experience for me! I was really glad that one of my closer friends decided to take up a part time job in my company as well! Another lunch buddy wheeee :)
Finally, I know how group buying giants like groupon and deals.sg work! I shouldn't say much, but I really hope that merchants can be smarter and learn how to choose a more sustainable business model!
Sometimes I really hope to work in start-up, cos the relationship among colleagues and even boss are so close! However, I know that it is hard, since I will be so bogged down by the M factor, no matter how much I'm in denial. Well, hope that this company will emerge as the top leader in Singapore's market soon! With such a great business model, I sincerely hope that they can be successful. I will then consider a full time with them hahahaha
This aside, I went out with friends for dinners quite frequently. Two of the groups were from chem engin. I realized that we always ended up gossiping about who and who are in a relationship, and so and so don't like each other. I know such gossips are really bad for karma, considering that I've been learning Buddhism for almost one year (YES EXACTLY ONE YEAR in 2 days' time! Shall do something meaningful on that day!). I will try to refrain from saying such stuff in future outings! Haha will be meeting the same group of guys next Tues, and one of them will be treating since he just got his paycheck! Another one also kindly mentioned that he will treat us after he got his pay. Life is so much more interesting with all the meet-ups, especially with free treats now that everyone is working haha.. I'll surely return the favour when I start working :)
I also went out with my primary school classmates yesterday. One of them brought old school photos, and gosh, we realized that we looked so young back in those days! It was a nice gathering. Managed to catch up with people I haven't met for a decade (yes I haven't seen some of them after graduating from primary school haha). Hope to have more of such gatherings to meet up with more people!
No comments:
Post a Comment