Sunday, May 01, 2011

Happy holidays!

Done with all the papers!

Finally, I have some time to smell the roses.. Have been on the lookout for GE2011. I'm really glad that my peers are not as apathetic as they seem before. At least that's what I gather from the tonnes of facebook notification. Well, what I can say is I won't oppose for the sake of opposing. If I do disagree with PAP's notions, I'll look at the opposition with a discerning mind, and see which party gives a better future for me.

As for the most interesting aljunied GRC, I think the workers' party have really put all eggs into one basket. Such a do-or-die mentality is scary, and pressurising the residents to vote with the fear of opposition losing all seats in the parliament. I feel that George Yeo has been a really great diplomat, and has done a good job in foreign affairs. Hence, I will be really disappointed if he were to step down due to the loss in a GRC battle, which was perhaps a moment of anger among the residents to punish the dominant party.

Well, no matter what, I just hope that all my friends will think wisely, as the wise man says.. Too much lightning may not be good for Singapore, but too little won't electrify Singapore's economy!

This aside, I've been busy catching up with friends too! Was quite disappointed when one of my close friends did not disclose her relationship with me. But well, glad that she's gotten a good guy! Think both of them will be very loving :)

Now looking back at myself, there have been many promising 'candidates' around recently, but I'm not sure if they're really suitable. After all, what happened in shanghai made me change my judgement and think twice about guys.. I guess, time will tell then :)

No comments: