Friday, April 15, 2011

Woohoo the crazy week has finally come to an end. To summarize, I've submitted 3 reports, 2 presentations and 1 quiz, all within 4 days. Year 4 life is exciting, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm really glad that everything is over. I can finally focus on studying for exams.. Think this is the only semester that I look forward to exams than school term haha..

Haven't been blogging for donkey years.. So just a quick wrap-up on what I've been doing for the past few months..
Been really busy with WorldMUN from end of Feb till mid March. Stayed in Marina Mandarin for the entire conference, and wore really formal attire (including blazers) everyday. I've concluded that I'm not really suited to wearing blazers haha.. Anyway, worldmun was really an eye opener for me, an engineering Chinese student, who has a traditional mindset and never interacted with a few thousands of caucasians before.

WorldMUN has 2 segments - conference in the morning where delegates act like United Nations representatives, and social events every night. Every night was clubbing event, and I've come to a point where I could memorise all the clubbing songs! As I was saying, the event was an eye opener, because almost every ang moh danced affectionately with each other at night, and some even behaved worse than that (details for you guys to fill in). Worse still, some of the local host team members, who are currently attached, turned crazy after drinking. Two of them even had a fling on the last night.. I was quite disturbed when one of my close friends got so close to another guy friend while they were dancing.. Sigh, I think people should exercise self-control when it comes to drinking..

After WorldMUN, there came design project submission, which totally killed my leisure time. Being a leader in a group with members that have very different dynamics, I have learnt how to manage their expectations of each other. Everything turned out well, except that we submitted one of our reports late. Haha come to think of it, it was a miracle that we wrote a 20-page costing report within 5 hours when other groups spent weeks on it! It was a really memorable experience staying overnight with my group mates to rush the report. I was glad that all of them were cooperative. As we only spent 2 days working on a 80-page report, we were quite proud of our efficiency. Someone even joked that we'll rank first in all groups in terms of man-hour!!

Now that everything has finally come to a closure, and my friends are going to graduate soon, I will surely miss the bits and pieces of my school life with them. Through these 4 years, we've experienced ups and downs. However, we managed to survive by helping one another along the way. Life will be so different next semester, when none of them will be around :(

As the saying goes, 'all good things must come to an end'. I believe the friendship made throughout the uni years won't be the same case. We'll surely keep in contact, or at least I'll try to haha.. Here's wishing them all the best in job hunting, and bon voyage for their graduate trip..

Back to my exam revision and FYP!

No comments: