Monday, January 17, 2011

Little things to be happy about

Done with the first week of school. Just realized that this semester which includes design project and FYP is not that bad afterall. I was quite lucky to have chosen a reactor that doesn't require mental-draining effort.

Studies aside, I was feeling a bit upset over not being able to graduate together with all my coursemates. During all the small talks over lunches, graduate trips are definitely a hot topic to be discussed, and that makes me feel quite left out.

I started looking back at what I have learnt from NOC. I realized that, no doubt I will be graduating later than the rest, but I have widened my perspectives, and experienced things that I would never think of doing in Singapore. I could see the change in me in terms of handling interpersonal relationships, time management, and most importantly the direction of life. There are one thousand and one things out there to pursue besides studies. Friendship is one, and kinship is another. These are things that I do not pay much attention to a few years back. With that, I am thankful for NOC, and I have no regrets delaying my graduation. Felt much better after thinking in this way! :)


I would like to share with you guys a link that I came across: http://1000awesomethings.com/

This is a blog entry from a person, who previously felt very depressed over the mishaps around him and his friends. He is now a much happier person, by paying attention to the little things around him and paying tribute to the people who have helped him, be it the most trivial thing like a bus driver stopping longer than usual to wait for him to get on board.

Indeed, after reading his entries, I realized that there are many things which are worth being happy about. Change your perspectives and you can easily lead a happier life!

No comments: