And of course, I've started practising my photoshop skills on a lot of stuff haha. One day, my mum asked me to help her make a poster out of a phrase that she liked a lot. Here it goes:
人唯知道有来春,所以留着来春谷;人若知道有来生,自然修取来生福。
This was really a meaningful phrase, as it teaches us to do good deeds to prepare for the next life. All of us are blinded by greed, hatred and ignorance. I've tried to avoid greed and ignorance, but hatred is really hard to avoid.
Recently, I went for an outing. We gossiped about certain people, and looking back, I couldn't believe I did it. All along I've learnt that badmouthing is considered a bad deed. I always observed myself carefully whenever I was with my Buddhist classmates. However, I totally forgot about it when I was with my normal friends!
This shows how much more I need to work on in order to become a better person :(
My apologies to those whom I've badmouthed. My bad.
As 2010 is coming to an end soon, my new year resolution will be to become a better person, both intellectually and ethically. And I'll definitely continue attending Lamrin class to learn more about self-improvement!
Happy new year to everyone! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment