Thursday, December 13, 2012

Done with NUS!

I can finally say goodbye to NUS! Yes, I've been inside for close to 5 years. Looking back at the recent semester, I was really glad that I made the right decision of taking up the masters program. Met lots of really awesome batch mates, and enjoyed what I learnt in every lesson. An entirely different experience as compared to undergrad. Guess given a choice again, I will choose ISE instead of the generally perceived hard-to-get-in-and-damn-good-pay course.

This semester has been really wonderful. Besides enjoying what I learnt, I felt that I've grasped the essence of studying. All my batch mates seemed to be struggling really hard during project submissions and exams, but I still managed to allocate my weekends for meet-ups with friends. Never felt like that back in my undergrad years. Haha guess SCM is really the path for me. Luckily I found you before it's too late! ;)

Now that I'm done with exams, I've been busy preparing for my long US trip. The student visa and medical check-up are really a bitch. Paid freaking USD 340 for the former and SGD 300 (still counting) for the latter. One ought to be rich before entering the US boundary LOL

Went for an interview yesterday to prepare for next July's internship. It has always been my dream to work in that company, but during the interview all of a sudden it didn't seem like what I really wanted. Besides the really cheap in-house ice-cream brand (which I bought two scoops after my interview), I felt that the job scope wasn't that great after all. It sounded like I gotta deal with optimization solvers everyday, which is a total yawnzzz.. They also offered the Shanghai position, which sounded really attractive to me. I would get to work directly under the executive regional director instead of the regional manager. High chance that I would get that if I am open to the position. Consulted several of my close friends, and all of them were very supportive of it. All except one actually. Well, that ONE person has the ability to change my mind if the right remark is popped. Haha see how it goes!

Nowadays, I've been more involved with volunteer work at Blossom World Society. Trying hard to accumulate more merits before I fly off. Think I would need a lot of that, especially since I receive weekly emails on robbery and stabbing cases. Didn't even dare to tell my parents so that they won't worry too much. I am also worried that I might not be able to continue with my Lam Rim learning, so I requested for a weekly Skype lesson with the California branch office.

Been packing all my nights with meet-ups. Glad to catch up with several old-time friends. Very blessed to have them as their invaluable advice for my career path were indeed useful. Special thanks to two of my dearest NOC housemates :) Also glad to have my dear sec school friend who never fails to celebrate my birthday, which was the worst day of this year piled up with project submissions, test and meetings.

Sometimes people wonder if there's everlasting friendship. People come and go in our lives. The term "BFF" doesn't seem to be true at all. But I feel that so long as we are willing to take the initiative, the friendship will last. Instead of letting it die off as the time goes by, why not give them a ring and ask for a catch-up session. Perhaps the person on the other end is waiting for your call too!

Time to prepare for my night outing!

No comments: