Monday, December 31, 2012

Bye 2012. Hello 2013!

Spending my first new year eve at home after a long time! This year decided to cancel all my appointments and spend more time with my dear parents. Recently, I've been busy preparing for Family Gratitude Day event, which will be held tomorrow! I'm truly glad to be part of the planning committee as I've learnt so much about what our parents have done for us. Nowadays, I'm more appreciative of them, and will volunteer to help them with their business - something that I will never do if I did not join the society. Thankful that I've met so many kind souls who positively shape my priorities in life!

Can't believe a year has passed. Working at Perx felt so recent. I feel blessed to be part of the Perx family, especially for the friendship made and the soft skills learnt. I'm also glad to have made a few new friends whom I really click well! Masters was a milestone, and the good results once again proved that I've made the right choice in taking up this course. A good 2012 indeed!

Some reflections about the past 12 mths..
1. Hmm I felt that I wasn't filial enough. I've spent too much time with friends and placed family as second priority. Shall make the adjustment in 2013!
2. Did lots of volunteer work throughout the year. Glad that I have so many chances of building good karma! Really need them for my unsafe US trip haha
3. Been nice to everyone around me, or at least that's how I felt. The best part was I didn't try hard to please everyone. I actually stood in the shoes of my friends and acted according to how I wanted to be treated if I were them. It really felt good!
4. Was bold enough to make the first step, only to be disappointed with the result. Nevertheless, glad that I've tried it! At least things look pretty optimistic now :)

Hopes for the new year..
1. Hope that I'll be safe and sound in US, especially after all the tragedies that have occurred. That's when my karma comes into use!
2. Get a good job! Hopefully I can get into an ideal company so that I can lead a happy 3-year work life at least haha
3. Get attached! Not that urgent, but best to have soon hahaha..
4. Everyone I care for will be pink in health and obtain what they aim for!

Yep last of all, happy 2013 to all!!

No comments: