Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happy Things

Just found out that everytime when I choose to let go of something, I felt much more relieved, much happier. There were many instances where this feeling was triggered in me, but I just want to share one incident.

In the past, there was a person that I disliked a lot. I mentioned about her in one of my entries before, on how she defamed my housemates and I for not helping her during her house hunt. Last week, we met up again. Just before the meet-up, I was still bearing grudges on her for insulting us. However, a thought suddenly struck me. Why am I so unforgiving? If I'm still angry with her over the incident, won't I be the same as her? Hence, I started sorting out my thoughts, and decided to get over it. The meet-up went well. We caught up with each other, and I definitely felt much happier then :)

One of the teachings from Silent Thought is absolutely right: 一个人的快乐,不是因为他拥有得多,而是因为他计较得少。This phrase will be deeply etched in my mind from now on.


Anyway, back to more meet-ups! Recently went for another round of treat with my 2 chem engin buddies. Really enjoyed talking to the two 1.8m body-guard-lookalike guys, even though they can be irritating at times haha. AND I was proud to say that I've minimised my gossip session with them! I've refrained myself from doing that, even after their tough interrogation. Yep, I've not created any bad karma from meeting up with people! So far, I think both of them are the hardest group of people for me to avoid gossiping, and well, I did it :)

I also met up with my dear SAP friend, who happened to work in P&G. I liked talking to her, as she's one of the few friends that I could discuss anything under the sun. Learnt a lot from her about product supply, and I suddenly felt a little hazy about the job. Nevertheless, I've applied for the job, so let's see how it goes!
Gosh some people got called up by P&G one day after the reasoning test already, yet I haven't received anything from them.. Hope they'll give me a chance for interview, cos I really like the job scope of CBD. I'll start praying from now on!

Went to visit Metta Home at Woodlands today with people from my Buddhist society. Even though the mingling session was short, I could tell that the intellectually disabled residents truly enjoyed our presence, and were happy to join us in our activities! As I've been to many such homes with different clubs before, I could really tell that my society was the most peaceful group! There was no unhappiness throughout the event, which was truly rare in the outside world. Think I'll only volunteer in my Buddhist society from now on to make myself happier haha..

It's recess week already! Time really flies.. I still haven't quite adjusted myself back to studies after the long holidays haha.. I treasure the remaining days that I'm still schooling, and hope that I can cope well with studies and job hunting! Hope everything goes well! :)

1 comment:

Baxter2011 said...

can be really really impossible not to let loose tongue considering you were in the company of regular gossip kakis. bravo.

I like dhs-vjc-nus combi. haha :)